Leaked Conversation 1And the Mo’hits Saga Continues… Above is a link to a surprise audio recording of Dr SID accusing D’Banj of negatively affecting the growth of his career by taking hype off him and everyone else in the defunct Mo’hits crew.
In a surprising twist, Davido actually sticks up for D’Banj by saying, in actuality, D’Banj is the reason why they’re well-known. He continues that since they knew Wande Coal where he went, it isn’t D’banj’s fault that they didn’t know Dr. Sid.
Word before was that the other speaker was Wande Coal, but Dr. Sid in a tweet confirmed that it was Davido, although some say he isn’t happy at the leaked convo.
D’banj has remained mute for now on the issue.
I may have one or two things to say about this new episode of the bitter break-up but… I’ll keep my opinion to myself. Let’s hear yours instead. Below’s a link to the second part of the leaked conversation Leaked Conversation 2
Lonely Boy is pleased to announce the commencement of application for one of the most prestigious and consistent scholarship programmes in Nigeria – The 2012 MTN Foundation Scholarship Programme.
Under the MTNF Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme, the Foundation currently provides financial support to 1,015 Science and Technology students in public universities, polytechnics and colleges of education across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria, and has awarded approximately N500m to date to nearly 2,500 students.
The scholarship award is worth N200,000.00 (Two hundred Thousand Naira only) per student (every year till graduation) and it covers tuition, book allowance and stipend.
Below are the information every interested participate is expected to note to successfully gain this scholarship.
Please read carefully before completing the form. Be sure that the information you provide is accurate.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
- Current Beneficiaries of the MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship award are not eligible to apply
- The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that an applicant /awardee provided false information.
- Names of successful candidates will be published in National Dailies
- Closing date for receipt of application is Monday, October 29, 2012.
- Please note that all information provided will be verified and persons with fraudulent information will be held accountable.
- LonelyBoy advises that your application should be done with the use of a computer system. Do not attempt to use your mobile phone to submit your application.
- Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted using the contact information provided while filling the form.
- To start your application, please continue reading and use the link provided at the end of this publication.
Programme for Applying Candidates
Candidates applying for this MTN Scholarship are expected to be in the following Department/Course;
Agric. Extension and Rural Development
Animal Breeding and Genetics
Animal Production and Health
Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
Computer and Electronics
Computer and Information Science
Computer and Mathematics
Electronics and Computer Technology
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Physics/ Computational Modeling
Pure/ Applied Physics
Statistics and Computer Science
How to start your application for MTN Foundation Scholarship
1. To start your application, Use a computer system to visit the official link by going to http://www.mtnonline.com/mtnfoundation/content/mtn-scholarship-2012
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and “Check” the little check box.
3. You will be required to fill your personal details and other details. Click on the respective link and fill the information appropriately.
Please note that the deadline for this scholarship application is Monday, October 29, 2012.
Out of the whole boring story of the 2013 budget, this is the place that caught my eye.
“Our focus on critical economic and social sectors continues. Some of these sectors are largely driven by private sector activity, while others require a great deal of public sector support. Some key allocations are as follows: Works – N183.5 billion; Power – N74.26 billion; Education – N426.53 billion; Health – N279.23 billion; Defence – N348.91 billion; Police – N319.65 billion; and Agriculture & Rural Development – N81.41 billion.”
Why do the power and agriculture sectors have less allocation than Defence and Police?… Its actually only the health and education sectors that I can comfortably say I am ok with their allocations…oh well!
Read full budget speech here 2013 Budget Speech
2005 was a good year...
I'll start another piece with that and say all there is to say on that. But i stumbled on this and wanted to share it with you all. Written by one of the finest African Poets i have met, Theme Elohim from Zimbabwe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I always have.
What the soul cannot feel the devil cannot take…
Over the weekend the news of the four students of University of Port Harcourt murdered in Aluu Community of Rivers State Nigeria on Friday, has been the most talked about. The heartbreaking video of the barbaric act has widely spread across the nation and in diaspora.
Different stories as to what actually led to their murder are circulating and the real truth is yet to be known.